Monday, September 21, 2009

Exercise 4




1. Where can you find information about Nobel Prize? Who get the Nobel Prize this year?

I find in www.nobelprize.org. And then  http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/2008/
And The Nobel Prize in Literature 2008 is
Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clézio,
France and Mauritius



"author of new departures, poetic adventure and sensual ecstasy, explorer of a humanity beyond and below the reigning civilization"

Nobel Diploma









2. Go to Encyclopedia Online at http://library.spu.ac.th Search  for the history of automobiles or computer. Summarize the information you get.

The history of the automobile begins as early as 1769, with the creation of steam-powered automobiles capable of human transport[1] In 1806, the first cars powered by internal combustion engines running on fuel gas appeared, which led to the introduction in 1885 of the ubiquitous modern gasoline- or petrol-fueled internal combustion engine. Cars powered by electricity briefly appeared at the turn of the 20th century but largely disappeared from commonality until the turn of the 21st century, when interest in low- and zero-emissions transportation was reignited. As such, the early history of the automobile can be divided into a number of eras based on the prevalent method of automotive propulsion during that time. Later periods were defined by trends in exterior styling and size and utility preferences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_automobile








3. what is the difference between general book and reference book?

Reference book or reference-only book in a library is one that may only be used in the library and not borrowed from the library. Many such books are reference works (in the first sense) which are usually used only briefly or photocopied from, and therefore do not need to be borrowed. Keeping them in the library assures that they will always be available for use on demand. Other reference-only books are ones that are too valuable to permit borrowers to take them out. Reference-only items may be shelved in a reference collection located separately from circulating items or individual reference-only items may be shelved among items available for borrowing.











The Book of General Ignorance is the first in a series of books based on the final round in the intellectual British panel game QI, written by series-creator John Lloyd and head-researcher John Mitchinson, to help spread the QI philosophy of curiosity to the reading public. It is a trivia book, aiming to address and correct the "comprehensive and humiliating catalogue of all the misconceptions, mistakes and misunderstandings in 'common knowledge'" - it is therefore known not as a 'General Knowledge' book, but as "General Ignorance". As well as correcting these "all-too-common" mistakes, the book(s) attempt to explain how the errors have been perpetuated, and why people believe inaccurate 'facts' to be true.








4. When do you need to search information form the reference collection?
    when I want to know or want to find something, what I want to know. So I can not  know what that mean. If I do not find it in reference collection. And easier to find because I can look up information from
the book and other times on a computer. For example, if I want to know about the meaning of word, I can
find it in the dictionary or when I want to know about the map or direction, I can find it from atlas.






5. What type of reference collection that you like to use most? And why?

      I like Dictionary. Because I can adapt to use when I study. And usually I always find the meaning of words from dictionary. And sometimes I use it to chek about spelling and how to pronounciation. And more explaination about the word. But sometimes I use electronic dictionary because It's too fast and easier to find the words.





6. Select reference sources and find the example.

Manual - is a book of instruction on doing, making or performing something.
     I choose the manual for the iPod shuffle.
     In this manual tell me about how to use it or
     -how to connect to USB port on computer to set up and begin charging.
     -how to download and install iTunes.
     -how to set up the assistant.
     -how to add autofill for add content to iPod shuffle.
     -how can I know when I charged is fulled.
     -how to remove from dock.
     -how to plugin earphones.
     And for get more information, I can visit www.apple.com/ipodshuffle  or    www.apple.com/support/ipodshuffle
    And tell about Safety & Compliance information and about Software License Agreement and about
   Limited warranty.

    So, that make me to understand how to use it and I can use it safety and keep the long life of the iPod because I can use it correct way when I read the manual already
   


No comments:

Post a Comment